Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Brazilian Salsa Under the Bandstand


On Bank Holiday weekend, I was biking along the seafront when I spotted people moving around under the bandstand. As I got closer, I could hear soft music playing and noticed
that they were slow dancing in pairs. How romantic! Turns out they were learning something called Forro Family, the Brazilian version of Salsa. 



I stood and watched for a minute – it was basically people watching heaven with a sexy twist, and a perfect date-night spot in Brighton! Even if you don't want to join in, sitting with a bottle of wine on a bench close by is mesmerising and atmospheric. Unfortunately, the sea mist had set in which didn't make for great photos but I'll get more the next time I'm there!



The Brighton Forro Family group meets every Monday in Hanover, from 7-8pm, and welcomes beginners and dancers of all levels to join them, with occasional classes taking place on the bandstand. More information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment